2 - 4 Years
- 1) Sets up and operates heavy-duty power press to bend, form, stretch, and straighten metal plates, metal extrusions, formed sheet metal, structural shapes, forgings, and weldments as specified by blueprints, layout, and templates: Plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of metal.
- 2) Measures and sights along workpiece, using tape, rule, straightedge, and transit, to mark reference lines.
- 3) Selects and positions flat, V-block, radius, or special purpose die sets into ram and bed of machine, using jib or crane.
- 4) Aligns and bolts dies to ram and bed of machine, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and wrenches.
- 5) Turns handwheel or levers to set depth and pressure of
- ram stroke.
- 6) Preheats workpiece in furnace, using hand torch.
- 7) Lifts and positions workpiece between dies of machine, using jib or crane and sledge.
- 8) Starts machine to lower ram which bends or straightens workpiece between dies.
- 9) Repositions workpiece and changes dies when making multiple or successive passes.
- 10) Hand forms or finishes workpiece, using hand sledge and anvil.
- 11) Grinds out burrs and sharp edges, using portable grinder.
- 12) Inspects and marks job number on finished workpiece.
- 13) May bend or straighten cold metal.
- 14) May set dies to punch and blank heavy metal.
- 15) May operate horizontal power press to bend or straighten long pieces of bar stock or structural shapes.
- 16) May operate press equipped with two or more rams to bend angles or flanges or bend to radius by successive passes; or operate multiple acting hydraulic press to perform deep progressive and reverse draw operations of sheet metal.
Application Form :